IVF: A Boon for Couples Facing Fertility Issues
If a couple fails to conceive after trying naturally, IVF can help them in getting pregnant. Since IVF is a complex procedure, you should choose to go for an expert like Michael Cho M.D., with their expertise they can help you with the conception of a child.
What Is IVF?
Studies show that in vitro fertilization is the best and the most successful form of assisted reproductive technology. The whole process takes about 3 weeks to be completed and the steps involved are, retrieving eggs, collecting sperm, fertilizing them in the laboratory, and then transferring the embryo into the uterus.
When You Might Need IVF?
There might be several reasons why a couple might need to go for IVF, let’s discuss some of them:
- Uterine fibroids- If the woman has uterine fibroids, which are non-cancerous tumors of the uterus, she can face difficulties in getting pregnant naturally.
- Endometriosis- It is also an issue related to the uterus where the lining of the uterus grows inside of it and might hinder the fertility of a woman.
- Damaged fallopian tube- Sometimes a woman can have a damaged or blocked fallopian tube that gets in the way of the egg becoming successfully fertilized.
- Problems with the sperm- If the sperm count of the man is low, or their quality is low, the couple might need to go for an IVF if medicines don’t help.
- Tubal sterilization- Sometimes, women get tubal sterilization or have their fallopian tubes removed altogether to avoid being pregnant. If they change their mind and decide to get pregnant, IVF can help.
- Fertility issues due to medical conditions- There are some diseases and treatments that can have an impact on a woman’s fertility, IVF can be great for these women to preserve their healthy eggs for future use.
- Genetic concerns- If the couple has any genetic condition that can be passed to the child, then going for IVF is a good idea because it lowers the risk of these genetic problems being transferred to the embryo.
- Unfavorable ovulation- Women might face ovulation disorders which cause ovaries to produce lesser and infrequent eggs. Women who have this issue can also try conceiving through IVF.
Not only these issues, but IVF can also be useful in cases where infertility is unexplained. IVF is a blessing for those couples who are facing infertility issues as it gives them the joy of becoming parents.