Should You Use Invisalign? 5 Signs It’s the Right Fit for Your Smile
There are various methods available to improve the appearance of your smile. Braces are the traditional route; veneers are the expensive ones. However, there is one option that is growing fast in popularity: Invisalign.
Invisalign is a process that uses a number of clear trays that, like braces, help to realign your teeth. Unlike braces, however, it doesn’t require any fixed solution. Instead, you use transparent, removable aligners, which assist with fixing crooked teeth to give you the perfect smile.
However, is Invisalign right for you? This article goes over five signs that suggest it’s a great fit.
Table of Contents
Consultation with your dentist
The most effective way to see if Invisalign is right for you is to visit your dentist. With a consultation, they will be able to analyze if you’re a candidate for this treatment. Of course, it is important that Invisalign is a service that is offered by your current dentist.
Leicestershire Dental Studio, a specialist Invisalign dentist in Leicester, is a recognized provider of this service. Along with offering a free consultation to see if you’re the right fit, they conduct a comprehensive assessment, including a full examination complete with a 3D scan and a SmileView visualization. If your current dentist isn’t an official Invisalign provider, you will have to go elsewhere for the service – and even a consultation.
The signs Invisalign is for you
If you are still waiting for your consultation or want more reassurance that it is a suitable choice, here are five key signs to consider when deciding on the validity of using Invisalign:
- Your situation is not complex: There are certain dental issues that are relatively straightforward. Think crossbites, gaps between teeth, and underbites. Such issues can be fixed with Invisalign. However, if you are dealing with a more complex dental situation, this may require surgery or another form of treatment.
- All your adult teeth are present: Do you still have one or two baby teeth lingering around? In this situation, you could need prior orthodontic work before using Invisalign. This is because a dentist typically won’t perform any cosmetic treatments until all your adult teeth have made an appearance.
- You are responsible: A commitment is necessary for an Invisalign treatment plan to work. You need to wear Invisalign trays most hours of the day. It’s also your responsibility to insert these trays each day.
- You don’t smoke:As mentioned, you use your Invisalign trays for most of the day. If someone smokes, there is the possibility this interferes with how the tray functions. It can also make your Invisalign trays dirty.
- You have positive oral hygiene:It is recommended you have good oral hygiene in general. This is certainly the case when using Invisalign. A healthy mouth is necessary, yes, but it also helps with taking care of your trays. This is because it prevents further issues, such as infections.
If you meet all of these signs, this suggests you are ready to take the next step and consult with your dentist about using Invisalign.