Pelvic Pain – Understanding The Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment!
The pelvis is the region of the body located below the abdomen and in between the hip bones. This region of the body contains the urinary bladder and rectum along with few genital organs. Pain felt in this region is known as pelvic pain.
You must not neglect the symptoms and seek medical assistance from a doctor for pelvic pain in South Charleston.
Generally, the patients can show various symptoms. The issue with pelvic pain is that the patient cannot convey or express where they feel the pain or discomfort.
One condition for pain in the pelvic region can give rise to several symptoms. For example, urinary tract infections have significant symptoms such as blood in the urine or painful urination, resulting in pelvic pain. So it is necessary to diagnose the cause of pelvic pain precisely.
The most common symptoms include:
- Accumulation of gas in the stomach
- Pain on their periods
- Loss of blood from the vagina
- Excruciating pain
- Recurrent pains
Pelvic pain is not a simple condition. Sometimes a single disease or circumstance can cause pain, or sometimes multiple diseases are responsible for pelvic pain. In severe cases, pelvic pain takes place because of different infections.
Common causes of pelvic pain include:
- Tubectomy is a surgical procedure involving cutting fallopian tubes and tying them. In the postoperative period, the patient may feel some pain or discomfort in the pelvic region.
- Gallstones are found in the gallbladder and may radiate from there and cause pain in the pelvis.
- Urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases are also responsible for pelvic pain.
- Presence of cancerous tumor masses in pelvic regions
- Inflammation of the pubic joint.
- Problems related to joints or bones like fibromyalgia
- Veins around the uterus may enlarge and cause severe pain.
- Inflammation of the appendix or appendicitis can cause pain in the right side of the pelvis.
The treatment for the problem is related to the cause. If the patient is facing some infections, then the doctors prescribe her various antibiotics.
For inflammation of the appendix, the surgery is performed called appendectomy.
The doctors must check how severe the pain is and how often it occurs. Sometimes, general physiotherapy or medication can work for the patient, but the only option left is surgery if it fails.
Sometimes the pelvic is caused due to mental stress and psychological problems, so you must consult a counselor/psychologist.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.