Why a Hair Clinic in Pune Will Be a Good Choice for Hair Transplant Procedure
Experts projected that the global alopecia treatment market would reach growth of up to $13 million by the year 2027. Apart from the investments in hair transplant systems, the global clientele is also estimated to increase as well, particularly in certain regions such as Africa and the Middle East.
India Enters Hair Transplant Mainstream Market
However, some have asked if the men in India should be worried. Local doctors have reported that Indian men experience some form of baldness as early as 20 years old. This phenomenon has fueled the increase in treatment facilities among major cities such as Pune.
Today, finding a hair clinic in Pune is very easy since there are plenty of them in the city. These treatment facilities have made it possible for local and international clients to get these treatments. Pune has one of the biggest economies in India. It is also a major IT hub in the country.
Types of Hair Transplants Offered in Pune
When you talk to a representative of any hair clinic in Pune, they can offer you different types of hair transplant procedures. They may offer slit grafts that contain anywhere from 4 to 10 hairs in each graft and micro-grafts that only contain 1 to 2 hairs in each graft.
One of the most advanced hair transplant methods that they may offer is FUE or follicular unit extraction. With the FUE method, a surgeon will transplant actual hair follicles from one part of your scalp to another (i.e. the area where hair loss is being experienced).
Note that this medical procedure will require the doctor to create small incisions using a microneedle. The incisions will be made in the balding areas of your head, which is where the new healthy follicles will be inserted.
Factors That Affect the Number of Grafts
There are several factors that must be considered to determine the appropriate number of grafts that will be made, including the following:
- The duration of the procedure
- The size of the transplant area
- The color of your hair
- The quality of the available hair for transplant
- Your hair type
Many doctors from any hair clinic in Pune will have extensive experience with hair transplant procedures. They will be happy to discuss these factors and other details with you prior to your procedure.
Call today for a consultation and more information about the available treatments.
Selection of Donor Sites
Surgeons will also analyze the donor sites before the procedure. That is why it is important for you to come to all doctor’s appointments in your selected hair clinic in Pune before the actual hair transplant procedure.
The doctor needs to assess the thickness of the hair in the potential donor sites. They will also determine the overall health of hair growth in those areas. The usual donor areas include body hairs, beard area, and the sides of the head.
- Side and back of the head: the back and side of the head are usually unaffected by symptoms of baldness since they are not susceptible to DHT or Di Hydro Testosterone. This is why these areas make good donor sites.
- Body hair: sometimes the hair from the sides and back of the head may not be enough to cover the entire balding area. This is usually the case when the baldness is quite severe. The hair follicles are usually taken from the armpits, pubic area, the chest, and the hairs from the chest.
- Beard: some people grow a lot of hair on their beards, which is why this is also another candidate donor site that surgeons will inspect. Note that Indian men also tend to grow heavy beards. Note that men’s beard hairs are usually coarse and thick, which makes them a good addition to the balding hairs of the scalp since they provide good coverage and increased hair density.
Why You Should Opt for Follicular Unit Extraction
Almost every hair clinic in Pune will offer follicular unit extraction or FUE. Compared to other procedures like FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation, FUE has several key advantages, which include the following:
- It is a minimally invasive medical procedure
- You can continue with your day-to-day life after an FUE procedure
- You will not experience any kind of linear scarring
- Donor sites where the hair follicles are taken from tend to heal a lot faster
- Donor sites also tend to be well covered by the remaining hair in the areas where they are taken from
- The hair that has been transplanted will tend to look more natural
- Hair follicles will be harvested from different areas, which boosts the healing process during post-operative care.
- You will experience less pain after the hair transplant
- FUE tends to have fewer complications compared to other procedures
If you are looking for world-class hair transplant treatment, then maybe one of the clinics in Pune may offer something worth your while. Call them today for a free consultation.